In its 29th year, the Spring Cycle, proudly supported by Transport for NSW was a huge success with an official total of 9,129 people enjoying a great day for cycling in Sydney.
The City Ride attracted a record 3,000+ entries with a lot of families enjoying the safe cycling conditions and experiencing some of Sydney’s iconic landmarks such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Mrs Macquarie’s Point.
Riders young and old experienced the excitement of the Spring Cycle, showing us how great Sydney looks when taken over by the bicycle.
- “Fantastic experience! Thank you to all the volunteers who donated their time to making such a successful event” - Mike Martinetski
- “Yes thank you so much to all the volunteers it would not of run so smoothly without you guys. This was the first spring cycle for myself and my husband and we had a ball. We have convinced our children to participate as well, so I am looking forward to the next one.” – Kim Drew Dooley
- “I had a great time. Riding over the Harbour Bridge, Cahill Expressway and up Olympic Boulevard are experiences I will never forget!” – Aaron Markie
- “I thought it was a brilliant day! I was with a team of beginners and experienced riders and all of us had a ball and can’t wait till next year. Thanks to all the volunteers and event coordinators and everyone else involved in pulling such a massive event off…you guys did a fantastic job.” – Debbie Rutherford
- “Thank you for a fabulous wonderfully run day out. We travelled down to Sydney from port Macquarie and it was well worth the trip. We were a group of 7 women and we will be back next year plus friends. Thank you to the volunteers and the NSW POLICE.” – Michele Miles
- “Thanks to all involved, my family and I had a really great time! We’ll be back next year for sure as we were really impressed thanks heaps!” – Lionel Davies
- “Thank you for a well organised event. Apart from some intersections (e.g. Wellbank street Concord) that needed some more attention the route was great. Congratulations on a beautiful, enjoyable & healthy day for so much of Sydney.” – Miriam Berlage
- “Fantastic Day – the volunteers were all marvellous – my son & I did the 15 km & will be back next year for the 50 km – well done.” – Rudy Powell
As Event Director for the 2012 Spring Cycle I would like to personally thank everyone who played a role in delivering the Spring Cycle and to the 9,000+ riders who participated. It was a great day and an event that I’m proud to be associated with.
Official Photos Online Now
35,000 photos were taken by our official photographers on the day. To see the full catalogue or to search for your rider number, go to the Epson Rd Studios Website. www.epsomrdstudios.com.au/
There are two options for finding photos of yourself. The first is to enter your rider number which will show all photos where your number was readable. The second option is to look in the location folders in the time brackets when you passed each location. This may allow you to find photos of yourself where your number is not visible.
Over $40,000 Raised for Charity on the Spring Cycle
Bicycle NSW would like to thank the six “Gold Pedal” charities that played a part in delivering the Spring Cycle. The Kids Cancer Project, TAD Disability, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Amy Gillett Foundation, Australian Paralympic Committee and the Bicycle NSW Environmental Trust.
Over $40,000 was raised with special mention to Kylie Crichton and Greg Einfield who raised $5,435 and $2,700 respectively for their chosen charities. Teams also played a massive part in fundraising with The B Team, Will Power and the Westies all raising over $2,500. Amazing effort by those who fundraised, next year we will be looking to raise even more munch needed dollars for our “Gold Pedal Charities. – Thank YOU!
Volunteering Not a Job, it’s a Leisure Activity…..
Over 300 volunteers played a massive role in delivering a safe and fun Spring Cycle for the 9,000 plus riders on Sunday 21 October. From Start Site Assistance to Route Marshals to Ride Crew, every volunteer played an important role and for that we would like to thank them all and applauded their selfless act to provide fun and excitement for so many people. Special thanks should also go to Flavia, Helen and the guys from Event Team Work who did a amazing job managing the volunteers. Their professionalism and dedication played a major role in the success of the event.
Play a Part in Making the 2013 Spring Cycle the Best Event in the World!
Bicycle NSW will be conducting Spring Cycle workshops early in 2013 to work though ideas and concepts for the event in October 2013. If you wish to be a part of the Spring Cycle workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org. With your help we can overcome operational and route management issues and create something that everyone can enjoy.